How long does it take Excedrin Tension Headache to work?
It is no doubt that “Pain is really painful,” and you might want to get rid of that as soon as possible. But I would let you know that is it equally important for our body. Why? Just because it is an early warning system of your body that
tells you that something is going wrong into your body. There is no harm if you want to decrease the severity of pain by taking primary pain relievers such as Acetaminophen, caffeine, etc.
Excedrin Tension headache (200 caplets)
Excedrin Tension Headache is a pain reliever that requires no prescription at all. It comes with the double benefit of its active ingredients, such as Acetaminophen and caffeine. It is not only for pain but also boosts your energy and
increases your mental focus. Furthermore, it is helpful in other types of aches such as toothaches, menstrual cramps, etc. Let’s talk about these two in detail.
Acetaminophen, also known as Paracetamol, was first discovered in 1877, and now it is on the” list of Essential Medicines “by the world health organization (WHO). Acetaminophen is the first line of treatment for primary pains considered
mild pain such as arthritis, muscle aches, toothaches, menstrual cramps, etc. Other stronger medications for pain relief, such as Opioids, have more side effects than the former. After knowing the benefits, we know that every medicine
has some disadvantages.
It is a natural stimulant or a supplement in almost all pain relievers. If you are doing a night shift job, a spoon of caffeine intake eases your job. Caffeine can be found in tea, coffee, and cocoa plants. Caffeine is used as a supplement
in “Excedrin Tension Headache” as it is easily absorbed in our bloodstream. It has adverse effects on the hormones that make us tired and feel sleepy. For example, it blocks adenosine effects and builds up during the day, primarily
making us tired. Other benefits of caffeine include:
- It stimulates our brain and central nervous system.
- It increases the activities of neurotransmitters such as dopamine.
- It also increases blood adrenaline.
- It alerts your brain and makes you focused.
Precautions and disadvantages of Excedrin Tension Headache
As talked about earlier, Acetaminophen is helpful for mild pain relief. Do not take more than the recommended doses by your physician. Special care is needed for children under the age of 12. The other side effects of Acetaminophen include
- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advised that overuse of Acetaminophen can cause fetal skin reactions.
- If you are allergic to some particular kind of active ingredients, take advice from your doctor. The overuse of Excedrin Tension Headache can cause stomach ulcers, dark urine, yellowish skin, and other fetal skin reactions.
- Consuming Excedrin Tension Headache more than two caplets is not recommended
- Overdose may cause acute liver failure
- Take medical advice from your doctor if you are pregnant
- Do not take Excedrin Tension Headache during asthma
- Avoid other energy drinks during intake of Excedrin Tension Headache